Your source for the latest scoop on American Idol contestants including videos, auditions, performances, judge's comments, concert dates, record releases, and more.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

David Cook Wins American Idol!

The top 2 Davids, Archuleta and Cook respectively, gave a stand-out duet performance of Hero. I was a little surprised by how great they sounded together, but they are both excellent musicians so I guess I shouldn't be to amazed.

My husband (David also) and I talked about how it would have been good to see Archuleta perform songs like this before. I think it would have shown people more of an edgy side.

After viewing the 2-hour show last night the suspense had built and when Ryan Seacrest announced that David Cook had won we all yelled out, "YES" in unison and started clapping and cheering for our Missouri boy. I'm not sure that he was expecting to win, but he definitely deserved it!

No comments: