Your source for the latest scoop on American Idol contestants including videos, auditions, performances, judge's comments, concert dates, record releases, and more.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

David Cook Rocked American Idol Mania Last Night Singing Michael Jackson's Billie Jean!

David Cook rocked American Idol's world last night with his unique rocker version of Michael Jackson's hit Billie Jean! He's been consistently amazing week after week presenting America with incredible entertainment, originality, great vocals, and amazing stage presence.

Although I'm still a huge David Archuleta fan, I'm going to change my original vote for this year's Idol winner to David Cook. But, even if he doesn't win, I don't think it will hurt his future success, as past contestants have proven. Take for example Chris Daughtry. Although he finished season 5 behind winner Taylor Hicks and runner up Katharine McPhee, he had the highest record sales in 2007 of ANYONE! In fact, I think his NOT winning Idol allowed Daughtry more freedom in producing his first record than he might have had if he had won and been tied to the Idol contract.

Anyway. . . please check out this video of David Cook's performance last night.



1 comment:

Jodi said...

WOW! I love your blog! I found it doing a profile search for AI fans. Cool! I totally agree with what you said about David Cook. I've been a fan of his since I started watching this season. I really like him & Michael Johns. But I think David C is so creative and edgy and unique. I totally agree with what you said about if David C doesn't win, a record label will swoop him up if they haven't already. He is phenomenal. Billie Jean was amazing. I cannot believe what he did with that song. That & "Hello" and all the past performances he gave.

Please check out my blog & see my reviews on the past few weeks. I love the show. Glad to have found your blog.

We shall see tonight who goes home.